A+R is a furniture, housewares and luxury goods boutique located in Los Angeles.
The majority of their business is done through e-commerce with the trade and wholesale industry. The store owners are pursuing B2B market growth while also expanding their reach to target residential consumers.
Improving A+R website usability, customer experience and engagement were the target objectives for this project.
Role: UX Designer, E-Commerce Website Redesign
Tools: Pen and Paper, Axure, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
Timing: 2 weeks
A+R WEBSITE Pain Points
- Complicated navigation structure
- High bounce rate of users exiting site
- Absence of engaging atmosphere
- Weak presence of premium products
- Complicated checkout process
A+R REDESIGN Goals
- Streamline Information Architecture
- Captivate users immediately upon site entry
- Improve presentation of diverse product lines
- Redesign checkout process for ease of use and enhanced efficiency
Simplified navigation menu structure.
Product scenes and stories to engage users with premium furnishings.
Dynamic mouseover views provide visual navigation for users.
Page leads with products shown in photo scenes.
Quick access to product sub categories through scrolling grid view.
Product detail presented on image mouseover.
Quick tag items for wish list or add to cart.
Reorganized product placement, scale and information detail for increased usability and elevated presence.
Customers now have the ability to make revisions to their product selection directly from within the checkout cart view.
A simple dropdown menu displays product version options which customers can easily and instantly choose from without having to exit the checkout process.
Began with comparative and competitive research, persona development, targeted user interviews, usability observations, insight gathering and formulation of solutions.
- Users found current site navigation cumbersome. Long path through too many categories to find products.
- Comments emphasized need for more premium website feeling to match level of products offered.
- Many users felt the current site would not maintain their interests for long and would likely exit shortly.
- Checkout process complicated and confusing.
USER FLOW & CONCEPT IDEATION
Sketches exploring solutions for improved A+R website user flow and information architecture.
Analysis of Homepage presentation and ideas for creating an engaging entryway for users.
Wireframe studies of product pages and checkout process to develop more effective and efficient pathways for users.